Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Abcess On Dogs Lip Serious Answers ONLY (if A Veternarian Could Answer That'd Be Appreciated)?

Serious answers ONLY (if a veternarian could answer that'd be appreciated)? - abcess on dogs lip

I am very worried for my dog. I am a vet, if the answer to myself is that what I do. My dog has an abscessed tooth, but my dog has recently in a fight with another dog. The next day the left side of his swollen lip. I thought nothing really, but the swelling has decreased. I do not know if the swelling caused by a violation by another dog or if the fight aggrivated his abscess and causes swelling of the lips. This is an old dog he is, but he was very lethargic and groany. I told the vet about the problem and prescribed clavamox for him to take the abscess. Well its been three days and seems to deteriorate. He does not eat belly is swollen, Best Rose For for the first time today. I do not know what happened? Are pills, so you really have an infection or worse? The concern and to stop crying. In the still of the veterinarian Just Want Opinions

6 comments:

DaBasset do not feed trolls said...

Poor guy, if you see the vet (soon, right?)

I have no idea what my lips I can not see, is wrong. This looks like a real problem.

It will probably not eat because his mouth is painful. The vet would have some suggestions for them. It is possible that the clavamox his stomach is upset.

♥shelter puppies rule♥ said...

My dog needs his teeth extracted. Abcesso tooth can cause an explosion in front of his nose. The vet refused to extract the tooth if your dog is too old to Anethesia, but you can check the blood tests, but it is always a risk, as with any dog, especially in old age. I am sorry for you and your child. I know this is not a useful answer. I would put cold compresses on the tooth until the vet tells you what to do, and try to inject the dog thoroughly with warm water. The vet can give more chance to intravenous antibiotics, but I assume that the vet knows best when taken up again.

PS: If your veterinarian does nothing, in my opinion, you should bring the dog to an accommodation in which animals IV, at the very least.

tbjumper... said...

Well, I can not say much on the teeth and lips), but most of the antibiotics (clavamox is like a sick animal to do, unless you eat with it. That's probably why he is spitting. Many veterans, if the animal becomes worse or develops symptoms that say to stop the medication and call or go to the hospital. I would call the vet office and ask what they recommend to do and see so soon as possible. I hope your baby feels better soon.

love-a-b... said...

Could it be that the infection is on clavamox and possibly resistant to other antibiotics. But the fact that you said that your stomach is swollen and he is sick, sounds like swelling (GDV) What kind of dog is he? When they swell, he was a veterinarian for surgery, the first contact.

NoName said...

This was done with pomeranian.He our 14 years of age, had a tooth infection.We took vet.The you just have medicine.He has worse.We me down.He could worsen and the Mediterranean Sea. sick.Please can we know what happened.
-Good Luck!

DP said...

I can not give a good answer, but I can tell you what I would do .. I would call the vet office and tell them he was put on clavamox for 3 days and now, what are the symptoms that you see .. Is this a problem, should I quit, I give more time etc.. Know before you go too far. It is possible that what we see is true .. So, check with your vet, and he can kill you, and give you something more .. Or you can say: "Yes that's what a few days, and it should be OK, but ask ...

Post a Comment